Mmm....Marmite

Good old British Marmite. According to the marketing campaign people fall into one of two categories; they either love it or they hate it. There is no in between. And I think that’s absolutely right. This is not the sort of taste you sit on the fence about. There is nothing subtle about this dark, sticky spread made from yeast extract; it’s strong and full of punch and it will produce an equally strong reaction when it hits the taste buds.
Personally I love Marmite, but one way and one way only - spread not too thickly on hot, generously buttered toast. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. THAT’S the way to start the day, along with a mug of steaming tea or coffee. Perfect.

12 comments:
I'm in the 'hate it' camp I'm afraid, though I do keep some in for cooking with.
I'm in the love it brigade although I love the advert where the guy kisses the girl and she recoils in nauseous disgust! I like it best on thick cut doughy bread with butter!
You make it look good!
That is a gorgeous picture, but I'm not a fan of the stuff.
You may like the product of a bakery near me that does a CheesyMite bun: Asiago(I think) and marmite.
Hehe... after seeing that pretty photo, I'd almost be tempted to eat it....almost!
Sorry, but I'm quite firmly in the hate brigade. Especially on twiglets. Urgh!
Oh Ros, twiglets are the BEST!
I had to jump in and balancing the voting! Love it, so much so I named my cat Marmite...
Yay for Andrew! :-)
Am in the love it category. Try it this way.
Slice of toast, Cheese (mature cheddar is the best) thin layer of marmite. Slap the toast under the grill until the cheese bubbles and you have a cheesy twiglet sandwich. The best
A cheesy twiglet sandwich?!!!! That sounds fab!
You're right on the marmite front... but where things do get a bit sticky and arguably?? kinda interesting is when marmite haters say they like Twiglets. What's with their taste buds? Twiglets are made with marmite... Is it more acceptable marmite? Processed a different way? Dunno, but trying to find out :)
Well, yeah! it would be perfect spending the morning with this mouth-watering Marmite and a cup of coffee. What a lovely morning!
Can I get the recipe?
Post a Comment