Monday, 16 October 2006

Tuna Steaks with Noodles and Peppers


Dinner was quick and easy tonight. Seared tuna steaks with sliced peppers and noodles dressed with a soy sauce, toasted sesame oil and chilli oil dressing.

5 comments:

thoughts running through my head.... said...

this looks lovely,I do like tuna steaks,but mine are always so dry-how do you keep them moist?

Julia said...

Hi, I don't think I've ever had a dry steak so I've never really had to think about it.

I guess I'd say make sure you get tuna as fresh as you can and don't overcook it - it just needs a couple of minutes each side over a high heat so it's pink in the middle.

Anonymous said...

If you've never cooked a dry steak, you're doing better than most restaurants!

I agree with your tips, Julia, plus I find giving the steaks a good soak in olive oil (lemon or chilli infused is great) for about 1 hour helps keep in the moisture too.

Julia said...

Hi Ros, yes chilli oil is great with tuna.

thoughts running through my head.... said...

thanks ladies,I think I am overcooking them!!!and perhaps not using enough oil,I'll give it a go!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails