Fun With Pancakes

Shrove Tuesday is a bit of an odd one for me. I feel like I should make pancakes or I’m missing out and yet it’s the only time of the year that I do actually make them. I’ve actually given the whole thing a miss for the last few years; Rob doesn’t eat them anyway so it seems a bit pointless making them just for me.
But tonight I though ‘what the hell’ and made a batch using good old Delia Smith's recipe. I’m very pleased I did too – what fun I had! I managed to toss them and catch them in the pan. Then once I'd finished playing I ate them up. Instead of the English lemon juice and sugar I had mine with a drizzle of honey which was just lovely.


8 comments:
Awwww that pancake looks divine!
I had mine with lemon & sugar, banana, strawberry & nutella, and caramel ice-cream & banana with toffee sauce.
Soooo decadent. I love pancake day :-)
What a great shot of the pancake flying! I'm absolutely positive that if I tried that, it would become cat food. You go, girl!
Looks terrific! If I even thought of flipping, I would end up re-decorating my ceiling! I hear the pancakes with syrup accents really open up a room - so I may have to try it! hee hee
Wow. What a great 'flipping' shot!
Wow Julia - you're quite the pro! Your blog is sublime and I've enjoyed reading and looking at your great photos.
We have a lot in common! Like you, my name is also Julia, I'm in my early 30s, and I enjoy cooking and baking. I am new to the blog world but plan to add you to my RSS list. Keep up the good work!
Hey Julia!
I couldn't believe your post when I read it! Looks like we had an identical night! From flying pancakes to serving with honey.
I was going to post but looks like you beat me to it!
That is one hell of an action photo!
I also feel compelled to make pancakes on Shrove Tuesday. Usually they're one of my least favourite things to make but on Shrove Tuesday, it has to be done!
Hee hee, thanks for all your comments. I got Rob behind the camera on the 'action' setting.
Hi Julia! Sounds like we do have a lot in common - I'll take a look at your blog in a minute.
Bonnie, what a coincidence, and what good taste!
Post a Comment