Sunday, 6 April 2008

Spring Snow

Spring Snow 2

I’m sitting here sipping hot chocolate made with squares of dark chocolate, honey and brandy, feeling the warmth seep back into my hands as I type. I hadn’t seen the weather forecasts so I wasn’t expecting the thickly falling snow I woke up to this morning. I think I’ve told you before how snow brings out the child in me and this morning was no exception. I wanted to capture this beautiful moment in time so I took my camera and macro lens to a local park.

I thoroughly enjoyed my solitary walk, looking out from under my colourful umbrella, crunching snow underfoot, passing children making snowmen, a father and daughter having a snowball fight, a fellow photographer (with a larger lens then me, I’m rather pained to report). The scenery was wonderful under its blanket of snow. Blossom-filled trees dipping with their heavy loads, flowers in full bloom peeking out from beneath cotton wool snow; how beautiful snow is in the springtime.

Let me share with you a handful of the photographs I took. I hope you enjoy them.

Spring Snow 1

Spring Snow 3

Spring Snow 6

Spring Snow

Spring Snow 4

Spring Snow 5

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your images are quite lovely, thank you.

Abitofafoodie said...

Beautiful pictures, Julia. Sadly, by the time I hauled my lazy self out of bed, most of the snow had melted so I didn't get to take any photos. Serves me right!
I've just been for a walk on Clapham Common which was funny as the snow has melted save for around 20 snowmen standing in the middle of the green grass - I was so annoyed that I'd left the camera at home.

Unknown said...

i am especially loving that photo of the snow on the daffodil...it is such a striking contrast when we think about the time of year it is and the crazy mixed-up weather we are getting. beautiful pics!

Tinsie said...

Your flower/snow photos are as beautiful as your food photos!

Wendy said...

Very pretty indeed. Particularly love the one looking up at the flowers with the trees and white sky above.

Hollow Legs said...

Great pictures! I was stupidly excited about the snow too. I've linked you on my blog, hope you don't mind.

Maggie said...

Beautiful photographs. The camelias look stunning.

jasmine said...

Lovely photos--I especially like the swan.


Remember: it's not the size of your lens that counts, it's the quality of your photographic eye, and framing the world in an interesting way...

j

Nilmandra said...

I was in Bedford and we woke up to a light dusting too :D Very pretty although nowhere near enough for a snowman. I was too lazy to go out though and only took pictures from the window hehe.

Anonymous said...

It was beautiful wasn't it? I wanted to go to the park too but I was so chilly and tired I could only managed to photograph the park from my snow covered balcony!

Nina Timm said...

I swear to God these photos made me choke up, it is simply beautiful. That a flower so fragile can withstand such cold.....amazing.

Julia said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments, I'm so pleased you like the photos.

Rosemary said...

beautiful

The Mrs. said...

Absolutely gorgeous photos!

Pixie said...

Stunning photos Julia, worth framing!

Julia said...

That's a very good idea Rose - the camelia ones would look lovely in my bedroom. :-)

Anonymous said...

what camera do you have Julia? Fabulous pictures

Julia said...

Thanks anon. I use a Cannon 400D, and I have a macro lense too - which I used for the close ups here.

Related Posts with Thumbnails